At Otravo we are looking for a Software Engineer for our air labels!
At Otravo Air we are working on the new platform for selling flight tickets which will provide us with a competitive edge. Short time to market for new features is essential and hence our new platform must be designed based on well thought through concepts that derive from the best patterns in strategic and tactical modeling. On top of it we must be able to serve flight tickets content quickly for our users as well as create APIs and front-ends for many brands in many countries.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a software engineer with Java experience and good understanding of strategic and tactical design of software systems who will help us devise and build our new platform.
Responsibilities will include:
Building and testing (automated) of new functionalities across layers that often span new and old system with a view of the gradual removal of the legacy parts. To achieve it you will use your knowledge about tactical modeling, enterprise design patterns, archetypes, programming paradigms, algorithms etc.
- Taking care of basics DevOps responsibilities and help building a modern software product environment with containers, build server and continues integration
- Besides above have fun during our Friday parties and retreats to places like Greece or Spain (non mandatory ;) )
What are we looking for?
Understanding and at least little experience with Enterprise Design Patterns and Model Driven Software Systems Modeling (Especially DDD) on both strategic and tactical level
- Good knowledge on object oriented programming paradigm and object design patterns
- Good programming skills in Java including object oriented, lambdas and concurrent programming
- Experience working with popular Java frameworks as if Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate etc.
- Basic knowledge on technical architecture (including enterprise integration patterns) choices as if microservices, hexagonal architecture, multi layer architecture, CQRS, data pipelines etc.
- Basic understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Some knowledge on web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of different persistence systems so that you will choose the right one for the particular job
- Experience with automated testing especially on functional and integration level
- You like to work in teams
- Transforming of the legacy code into a modern top-notch solution in a step based way is not a problem for you
- You will eagerly work in a distributed team (some team members are based in Amsterdam and some in Lithuania)
- You are able to flight sometimes to our other office in Lithuania to meet your team mates face to face
Nice to Have
Functional programming including category theory and/or abstract algebra
- Experience with DevOps concerns as if automated build (maven), deployment (including containers), automated configuration, monitoring, log files analysis etc.
- Massive Parallel Data Processing systems design & build experience
- Advanced algorithms and data structures
- In depth knowledge on popular Java frameworks as if Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with Model Driven Design Archetypes
- Reactive programming
What do we offer?
We are small company with good financial backgrounds which means you will get stability as in big corporations but flexibility, short decision making and degree of freedom typical to the lean startups. Your thoughts and experience will shape our platform as our teams are leading in making technical decisions. No careless as fast as possible delivered code company but instead an environment which values good design and thought through code as these ensure long standing short time to market.
The package we offer contains the following benefits:
- 30 paid holidays
Opportunities to attend conferences, training sessions, workshops, etc.
- Discount on your holiday trips (of course :)
- A friendly atmosphere with committed people and place which supports exchange of ideas
- Support with relocation (visa, housing, 30% tax ruling)
- Use of our multi-functional room with among other things can be used as a gym
Deze vacature wordt behandeld door: Charlotte Bouma
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)