BV (the company behind ™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) is looking for the world’s best Email Marketing designers. As a member of our Email Marketing team you’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements that will reach millions of people. You’ll join us at our beautiful Amsterdam HQ and work with some of our industry’s smartest people.
The designer we are looking for is:
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business. As a designer in our Email Marketing team you’ll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small startup-like group which takes full ownership of their product. You’ll work with developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyse, hand code & test your ideas.
We send email in 40 languages to tens of millions of people located in over 200 countries. This makes our job both challenging and very exciting so we try to balance continuous improvement and optimization with fun and engaging one-off campaigns. As an Email Marketing designer you are involved in the entire product cycle: from idea generation, to prioritization, design, implementation and testing. You’re need to be an expert in coding HTML & CSS that works in all (OK – most) email clients and be open to putting all your ideas through A/B testing to prove their worth. You’ll be able to build things that reach millions of people every day!
You will also contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
Skilled and experienced
Your core responsibility will be in combining your knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class user experience to our diverse, loyal user-base. You’ll be comfortable taking a data-led approach to design. You will be a passionate advocate for the user, dedicated to the craft of design and excited about working in an agile, collaborative environment.
- Experience: you have at least two years of relevant Email Marketing experience
- Visual Design: Sketch, Photoshop or whatever works for you. Your process is your own; you get to decide which tools you use. Our design team uses Sketch to collaborate and share our work.
- Email optimized HTML/CSS: You’ll be given full ownership of your ideas, and so you’ll be required to both create beautiful mockups/wireframes/prototypes – and implement them. Bonus if you’re already familiar with Fluid/Hybrid coding
- Data: You are a successful Designer, but you like to measure your success with data and learn from it every day
- Design Systems: Experience with using and contributing to email-specific design guidelines and components
- E-Commerce: You understand the challenges and the opportunities that a large e-commerce website has to offer
- You’re excited to learn how to work with our templating and version control systems.
- Quality: you are experienced with email testing tools and passionate about good email
- Collaboration: you’ll be working alongside developers and copywriters to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique and iteration.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. IT also has regular hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Email Marketing Designer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.