We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work. As a leader of the Cyber Security Incident Response Team, you will have a leading role in driving capability and maturity in our ability to perform intrusion analysis in response to emerging threats.
This position will focus on managing a team of incident responders and facilitating the team’s ability to analyze information and alerts within a large-scale enterprise in order to both identify intrusions and effectively respond to and eradicate security threats from the environment. In addition you will play a leading role in helping to role model incident response techniques for more junior members of the team and contribute to the development and continuous improvement of our detection and response strategy. As a Team Lead, you will participate in the defense of one of the world’s leading e-commerce organizations and have the opportunity to learn, and develop skills in the a truly world leading security practice.
As a Cyber Security Incident Response Team Lead, you are responsible for leading a team of Security Analysts who detect and respond to incidents. Your role is to support your team members and help them to grow towards their individual and company goals. You get things done by influencing, not through authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to get the best for our internal customers. You contribute heavily to the Cyber Security Incident Response roadmap and support optimising the end to end process of incident response through transparent reporting, tooling and workflows. You own the SOC roadmap and support optimising the end to end process of incident response through transparent reporting, tooling and workflows.
- Lead the function and reduce the overall impact of cyber attack by driving strategic objectives.
- Monitor and improve operational efficiency & excellence of the Cyber Security Incident Response team.
- Actively track KPIs and work towards improving the way we work consistently
- Own the Cyber Security Incident Response roadmap and contribute heavily to improving our detection and response capabilities.
- Report on operational metrics and translate these metrics into actionable feedback/insights either for the team, other teams in the business or senior managers.
- Hire, develop and retain Security Analyst talent from around the world.
- Provide developmental and positive feedback, as well as technical and coaching advice.
- Proactively identify and remove blockers/impediments and consistently maintain a solution focused approach to either decrease or mitigate impact.
- Gain agreement across the business through gathering input, exploring ideas and influencing towards the outcome that improves our security posture.
- Undertake strategic workload analysis and support the Cyber Security Incident Response capability in order to prioritize in a practical way based on impact and risk.
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- 4+ years of operational experience in Cyber Security operations and ideally Incident Management specifically
- 2+ years management, mentoring and coaching experience within a global company
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on attitude and self starter
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to environment changes
- Ability to successfully build and manage relationships within all levels of the organization
- Crisis management experience is a plus
- No 9-5 mentality
This position is open to candidates worldwide and for the right candidates we provide Visa and Relocation assistance.
IT is the core of our business and we ensure that we give the best ‘deal’ possible, to our employees. Here is what you get:
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Career Advancement via Online and On-the-job training, Hackathons, Conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Cyber Security Incident Response Team Lead in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.